Monday, September 10, 2007

The prodigal Recruiter Returns

And at an inopportune time. I was finally getting somewhere with the new recruiter (ESL Planet) who was putting me up for the Public school positions, and then today out of the blue I get a call from old recruiter (Duff) saying that his internet has been down for the last week due to construction. I fail to see that as a valid excuse for not even calling for over a week when he promised to call the next day. My time working for Imagic taught me that keeping the customers in the loop is vital to a business, and this is an example of that very principle. I never realized how frustrating it is to just suddenly be dropped, then just as suddenly picked up.

So... Michael says he's found a possible public school position that he has already sent my resume and photo in for. This would be fine, but if EPIK gets more than one application for an individual via different recruiters they normally disqualify you for the position.

Scramble time.

I e-mail the new recruiter (run by a nice man named Rowan) and keep my fingers crossed. He e-mails me back and says that I should just go with Duff Recruiting. While I am relieved that he hasn't submitted my information yet, I am still disappointed - my chances of getting this job with Duff Recruiting, who is not an official EPIK recruiter, are worse than if I could have just stuck with ESL Planet. I thanked Rowan very politely for helping me and shared my regret that he wouldn't be placing me, and in return he sent advice about what to do on the interview - mainly just make sure I know what EPIK stands for, because that apparently is a simple/common but devastating mistake, and also to find out what part of the city the job will be in. I thanked him again and moved on.
______________________

So... I have less of a chance to land a public school position, but through in-the-meantime recruiters (RBI) I have a decent possible hagwon position lined up.
______________________

On the plus side, now I have several positions that have been vouched for, and possibly a public school position. By and large the Universe treats me well.

~KK

1 comment:

Diana said...

You'll find something great. It sounds like you have a couple of good options.